Saturday 19 February 2011

STOLEN BUTTON PHOTO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER
 I very recently found out that an unscrupulous Chinese website had stolen all my photo's and were using them as their own, to copy and sell my buttons for trade sales.  I have nearly 2800 buttons on the site and I pride myself in the clarity of the photo's (they obviously thought so too!) We have now copyrighted all the photo's with our name across each one, to prevent this happening again.  My question to you all is, has this affected your viewing of our buttons?

Please can you send your feedback to me at julie@totallybuttons.com or post your comments straight onto the blog yourself.  All comments will be gratefully received.  If you would like to see a button without the logo, then please email me and I will email you straight back.

7 comments:

  1. Hi I can honestly say that I thought your website was extremely easy to use and very clear despite your name appearing. It's a sad fact that these things need to be done but I suppose it's a fact of life.
    Clive Greenwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has a bit but I realised straight away why you had done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sad but annoying fact of life! I too learnt the hard way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry Julie. In fact, I find your site easier to browse compared to other American ones like Lace Heaven. Their button image resolution is pathetic. Your pricing seems to be competitive too.

    I suggest a section for shirt buttons, with the option to easily order the same design in different sizes (e.g. collar, placket etc). Also, it would be great if I could select to view say 300 products in a page, instead of 9 per page. It's somewhat a hassle to have to keep clicking next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, also the ability to sort by best selling, price etc would making the site totally awesome.

    My 2 pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your positive comments. I will take them on board when developing the website further.

    ReplyDelete